YOU MUST RECORD YOUR PURCHASE
In order to validate this Limited Warranty, you must document your purchase. Warranty registration must be registered by visiting www.futuratrailers.com and completing the warranty registration form or emailing the dealer you purchased your trailer from or
firstname.lastname@example.org. Federal law requires this purchase record. Failure to complete warranty registration within the 30 days will automatically void the warranty. In addition to validating your warranty coverage, registering with Futura Trailers will allow us to provide you with notice of any condition we may need to supply after you have purchased the trailer.
OBTAINING WARRANTY SERVICE
In order to obtain warranty service under this Limited Warranty, the owner must do all of the following:
- The owner must contact Futura Trailers Dealer or Futura Trailers Inc by email email@example.com, or register on our web site futuratrailers.com within 14 days from delivery of the trailer to register for Two Year Warranty;
- The complete VIN number of the trailer;
- The date of original purchase and the date of original delivery;
- The name of the selling dealer.
- Prior to warranty repairs the owner must notify Futura Trailers or one of its authorized, independent dealers, of any claimed defect within the warranty period or 10 days thereafter;
- The complete VIN number of the trailer
- The nature of the problem and the steps or service which have been performed.
- Promptly return the trailer to an authorized Futura Trailers dealer, or Futura Trailers distribution centre or other service agent authorised by Futura Trailers for repairs. If you believe a defect covered by this Limited Warranty still exists after an attempted repair by an authorized Futura Trailers dealer or agent, you must contact Futura Trailers.
LIMITED WARRANTY – STRUCTURE
FUTURA TRAILERS INC. warrants that each FUTURA TRAILER operated by the original purchaser under normal use in the continental United States or Canada will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for two years following the original purchase, subject to the requirements, exclusions and limitations stated below. The obligation of this warranty shall be limited to repairing or replacing any part or parts, which in the opinion of Futura Trailers are defective in materials or workmanship under normal use and service during the warranty period commencing with the date of the first retail purchase. Futura Trailers reserves the right to use new or remanufactured parts of similar quality to complete any warranty work.
PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT REQUIRED AND RETURN OF DEFECTIVE PARTS REQUIRED
No reimbursement will be made to any dealer or owner for warranty work performed without the prior written consent of Futura Trailers. Any defective part(s) may be required to be sent by prepaid freight to Futura Trailers in order to qualify for replacement or reimbursement under this Limited Warranty.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY
This Limited Warranty covers only defects in original components which arise from normal use and does not apply if the trailer has been subject to negligence, accident, abuse, misuse, improper loading or has been repaired or altered without the prior written consent of Futura Trailers. Futura Trailers will not be responsible for consequential, incidental, special or indirect damages of any kind which may be incurred as a result of any defect in material or workmanship, including, but not limited to, loss of time, inconvenience, loss of income from use of said product, or in any way manufacturer will not be responsible for any fees or fines incurred by purchaser relating to any warranted claims against manufacturer. Futura Trailers is not responsible for costs relating to transportation, delivery charges and freight of the affected product.
This Limited Warranty does not provide coverage for any of the following:
- Damages caused by failure to provide proper maintenance and repair, loose or improperly torqued lug nuts. Loose nuts, bolts and screws (maintaining necessary tightness is the owners responsibility);
- Damage caused by failure to check and torque lug nuts properly;
- Any part or component of the trailer that was not manufactured or installed by Futura Trailers;
- Any work performed or options installed by others;
- After-market equipment or accessories installed on the trailer after completion of manufacture by Futura Trailers, or any defects or damage caused by such items;
- Normal deterioration of anodising, galvanising and powder-coating due to wear or exposure, including but not limited to rust, corrosion, oxidation scratches and cosmetic blemishes;
- Normal maintenance and service items, will not be replaced due to wear (items include, but are not limited to, bearings, bushes, sheaves, brakes, rigging cable, brake linings and battery);
- Trailers not purchased through an authorized dealer of Futura Trailers trailers, and trailers purchased directly or indirectly through auction, salvage, repossession, or other non-customary sale means;
- Defects or damage caused by, in whole or in part, or in any way related to: accidents, misuse including off-road use), or negligence;
- If the trailer is commercially rented out this Limited Warranty is null and void;
- Damage due the addition of weight to the trailer that causes the trailer’s total weight to exceed applicable trailer weight ratings or to cause improper towing because of improper load balance;
- Damage due to carrying anything other than rubber tired motor vehicle.
- Alteration or modification of the trailer except such alterations or modifications approved in writing by Futura Trailers, including but not limited to welding of the chassis;
- Acts of God or other environmental conditions, such as lightning, hail, salt, or other chemicals in the atmosphere;
- Condensation and the results of condensation including water damage;
- De-icing agents or other chemicals applied to the trailer;
- Failure to properly maintain or service the trailer, including but not limited to the maintenance of lubricants;
- Selection, use, and operation of any hitch assembly;
- Use of incorrect or altered hitch ball or improper latching;
- Failure to seek and obtain repairs in a timely manner;
- Failure to use reasonable efforts to mitigate damage caused by defects;
- Acts or omissions of any person or entity other than Futura Trailers.
- Failure to comply with the instructions set forth in any owner’s manual or guide.
OTHER EXCLUSIONS NOT COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY
The Futura Trailers trailer is engineered to properly handle the gross vehicle load rating on the certification label. Load distribution has a definite effect upon the towing characteristics and attitudes of the trailer. There are limits to the amount of load that can be safely transported depending upon speed and road conditions, and reasonable cause to believe these factors have been exceeded could void the Futura Trailers warranty. For additional information on the loading of your trailer, consult your Owner’s Manual or gross vehicle weight rating plate.
The axle is manufactured to a tolerance of 1-degree camber and 1/8” toe-in. These tolerances will only change if the trailer is subjected to abuse, such as dropping of a sharp berm, striking a curb, or hitting a deep hole in the road. Such damage could be considered as resulting from an accident which risks are not covered under the warranty. Abnormal tire wear and/or wheel alignment resulting from such damage is not covered under the terms of the warranty.
In addition to the above exclusions, Futura Trailers expressly excludes from this Limited Warranty the following: tow vehicle wiring, loss of time, inconvenience, loss of use of trailer, rental of substitute equipment, loss of revenues, or other commercial loss; and tow vehicle wear.
The trailer covered by this Limited Warranty is designed to be towed by a vehicle with up to one (1) ton capacity and any use of the trailer that exceeds the tow vehicle manufacturer’s specific limitations are not covered by this Limited Warranty.
Futura Trailers responsibility under this limited warranty shall be limited to repair of replacement of parts at the Futura Trailer facility, Futura Trailers dealer facility, or for a reasonable allowance, at another place approved in writing by Futura Trailers. If such a warranty fails because attempts at repair are not completed within a reasonable time, or it fails for any other reason, any damages are limited to the lessor of either the cost of the needed repairs or reduction in the market value of the trailer caused by the lack of repairs.
Replacement parts are warranted for the balance of the original warranty period.
This Warranty is expressly in lieu of any other warranty not expressly provided herein which but for this provision might arise by operation of law, including any express warranties made outside this limited warranty, implied warranties of merchantability,
implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, and any breach of contract. These warranties are hereby expressly excluded and disclaimed. If they cannot be disclaimed, any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are
expressly limited to a term of two (2) years, unless applicable state law provides otherwise. Under no circumstance shall Futura Trailers be liable to purchaser or any other person for any special, incidental or consequential damages, whether arising out of
breach of warranty, breach of contract, tort or otherwise, unless state law provided otherwise. Under no circumstances shall Futura Trailers be liable to purchaser or any other person for any special, incidental or consequential damages, whether arising out of breach of warranty, breach of contract , tort of otherwise, unless state law provides otherwise. No one, including authorized Futura Trailers dealers, is authorized to make further or additional warranties of behalf of Futura Trailers. Authorized repairs do not extend the term of this limited warranty.
DISCLAIMER OF INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
Futura Trailers hereby disclaims any and all incidental and consequential damages arising out of or relating to the trailer, including expenses such as transportation to and from vehicle dealerships and Futura Trailers repair facilities, loss of time, loss of pay, loss of use, inconvenience, commercial loss (including lost profits), towing charges, bus fares, vehicle rental, service call charges, gasoline expenses, incidental charges such as telephone calls and facsimile transmissions, and expenses for lodging.
This disclaimer is independent of any failure of the essential purpose of any warranties provided with a trailer, and shall survive any determination that a warranty failed of its essential purpose. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of
incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Futura Trailers may direct you to an authorized Futura Trailers repairer, or may request that you bring your trailer to the Futura Trailers facility in Charleston, South Carolina, or Compton, California, for repairs.
Replacement parts are sent to whoever is responsible for the repair. Futura Trailers will not be responsible for improper repairs made to Futura trailers. Futura Trailers will not be responsible for non-authorized replacement parts used in repairs. Products or
parts produced by another manufacturer and distributed by Futura Trailers will be covered by the respective manufacturer’s warranty.
THIS WARRANTY IS TRANSFERABLE FROM THE ORIGINAL OWNER UPON NOTIFICATION TO AND ACCEPTANCE BY FUTURA TRAILERS.
REPORTING SAFETY DEFECTS
If you believe that your trailer has a defect which could cause a crash or could cause injury or death, you should immediately inform the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)in addition to notifying Futura Trailers Inc. If NHTSA receives similar complaints, it may open an investigation and if it finds that a safety defect exists in a group of vehicles, it may order a recall and remedy campaign. However, NTHSA cannot become involved in individual problems between you, your dealer, or Futura Trailers Inc.
To contact NHTSA, you may either call the Vehicle Safety Hotline toll-free at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153);go to http://www.safercar.gov;or write to: Administrator,NHTSA,1200 New Jersey Avenue S.E.,Washington, DC 20590. You can also obtain other information about motor vehicle safety from http://www.safercar.gov.